Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We process your personal information to operate, provide, develop and improve products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and personalised services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers, recommend products that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with Explore Cape York.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Explore Cape York Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Explore Cape York Services, and for internal record keeping purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to the Explore Cape York Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat tools), for example to respond to questions that you raise or to update you about orders you have made.
- Advertising. We use information such as your interactions with the Explore Cape York site to display interest based-ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads. To learn more, please read the ‘What About Advertising?’ section of this Privacy Notice.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of Explore Cape York, our customers, and others.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose. We may periodically send promotional emails to the email address that you give us, for example, when you sign up to our newsletter. We may contact you about new products, special offers, or other information we think you may find interesting. Please see ‘Controlling your personal information’ for further information, including how you may opt out of receiving promotional emails. From time to time we may contact you for market research purposes.
On the Sites you may have the ability to comment or participate on blogs, discussion forums or other parts of the Sites that allow you to post your comments. We may collect this data on our platform when you choose to comment or participate (“Public Data”). You should be aware that any information you provide in this manner may be made broadly available for others. This Public Data includes information such as your profile information, your time zone, and any information you input. You are responsible for what you make public.
Our Sites may contain links to other websites, Apps and social media platforms operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless stated otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on, those linked websites, and have no control over or rights in them. The privacy policies that apply to third-party websites may differ substantially from this Policy, so we encourage you to read those privacy policies before using those websites.
We keep contact form submissions for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes unless you choose to opt in to our email newsletter.
Security protecting your information is a priority for us, and therefore we employ procedural and technical safeguards to secure your personal information against loss, theft, alteration, and unauthorised access, use and disclosure. We use the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of your on-line information. The SSL technology encrypts any information you enter on our accounts setup page before being transmitted to our server. You can safely enter your credit card and personal registration information and it cannot be read in transit to our server. We also employ many security procedures to protect your information from unauthorised access by users inside and outside the company.
Regardless of the precautions taken by us we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
Who we share your data with
We do not share, sell or trade your personal information with third parties, and we do not contribute to or participate in cooperative databases, which give other companies access to such personal information, unless:
- (i) You have been given an opportunity to “opt-in” and have agreed to so opt-in to such disclosure of your information;
- (ii) We must share your information in order to provide a product or service that you have ordered or requested, in which case we will require that any third person or entity we use to fulfil your order agrees that it does not have the right to use your information other than to fulfil your order or request; or
- (iii) We are required to respond to subpoena, court orders or other requirement of law which requires disclosure of your information.
How long we retain your data
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to enable your continued use of Explore Cape York’s Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be permitted by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. If you delete your account, any reviews you have written will not be deleted but default to ‘anonymous’. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
What rights you have over your data
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let Explore Cape York know by contacting us, and we will take all reasonable steps to delete such information unless it must be kept for legal reasons. If you do not wish to receive further advertising, marketing or promotional information from Explore Cape York, please log into your account and change your electronic newsletter preferences, or by clicking the Unsubscribe link that is on every electronic marketing or promotional email that Explore Cape York sends to you.
Using & disclosing your personal information
Explore Cape York’s purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with:
- the ability for you and Explore Cape York to complete or progress your order or transaction with us
- information that interests you
- information about events; and
- special offers that are relevant to you
Explore Cape York will not use or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, unless:
- required by law;
- Explore Cape York believes it necessary to fulfil the above purposes or otherwise to provide you with services or products which you have requested;
- or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of other users of the website, any member of the public or of Explore Cape York.
In seeking to give you the most worthwhile experience in using the Explore Cape York website, your personal information may be used to send you advertisements about products and services that we think you are likely to be interested in.
Explore Cape York does not disclose your personal information to advertisers. In order to operate the Explore Cape York website, fulfil the purposes set out above or otherwise deliver products or services, Explore Cape York will not disclose your personal information to other companies or third parties without your consent.
Copyright © 2021 Explore Cape York, All rights reserved.
This website and all materials continued herein are copyrighted and may not be distributed, modified, or reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Explore Cape York. The images from this site may not be reproduced in any form without the prior written consent of Explore Cape York, Explore Cape York actively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
No transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk. By choosing to visit our websites and to provide information to us, you agree that any dispute arising out of such decision will be submitted for arbitration in Queensland Australia in accordance with the rules of the Australian Arbitration Commission, and you consent to the application of the law of the State of Queensland in any such arbitration.
Under no circumstance, including but not limited to negligence, shall we or affiliate or business partner be liable for any special. incidental or consequential damages that result from your decision to provide information via our website. If the foregoing limitations are held inapplicable or unenforceable for any reason, then the maximum liability of us to you for any type of damages shall be limited to the greater of the actual amount paid by you for any products or services offered in our website or AUD $100.00
If any provision of the Terms and Conditions or Policy is found to be invalid by a court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any term or condition of the Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed a waiver thereof and shall not prevent its later enforcement.
How we protect your data
Our website and all associated data is hosted by Ventra IP.
There is always a degree of risk with the continued retention of any information. We take account and website data security seriously and this includes keeping your information secure.
We treat all your date with extreme care and use a variety of technologies and applications on website and on our website hosting platform to ensure your data is secure from unauthorised access or modification and from external breaches. This includes but is not limited to brute-force protection mechanisms, firewalls and by continually reviewing access controls and restrictions.
As a user of the internet it is important to ensure that you employ basic security protections. Such as ensuring you use strong passwords and that these are changed regularly and not shared with anybody.
What third parties we receive data from
We may use third-party analytics tools to:
Analyse usage trends on our Sites, including the tracking and reporting of Site traffic, ad conversion tracking, traffic analysis and marketing optimisation; and collect this data in aggregate form so that it cannot identify any individual. Third-party analytics tools collect non-personal information such as the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other analytics data that assists us in improving our products and services. These tools might include, but are not limited to, Google Analytics, Google AdWords conversion tracking, Google Tag Manager, or Facebook Ads conversion tracking. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by our service providers, for example, to help us understand how our products or services are being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners to advertise the service to you elsewhere on the internet.
We reserve our rights to modify, add or remove any third-party analytics tools. By using our Sites, you consent to the processing of any non-personal data these tools will collect in the way and for the purposes described above.